It’s our great pleasure to announce that our journal is under review for the following three important databases:
1) PUBMED Central, so the journal would be searchable in PUBMED, the world’s most heavily used set of databases for health and medical professions
2) SCOPUS, the Elsevier vast multidisciplinary database.
3) The Elsevier EMBASE, the world’s most comprehensive biomedical literature database
To be indexed in any of those databases would be a great honor for the Journal of Dental Materials and Techniques (JDMT).
JDMT is published quarterly in electronic format and offers review articles, original research, case reports, and point of techniques, experimental research, and a variety of added-value content. Rigorous peer review and rapid publication ensure that only the best quality and pertinent research is published in a timely manner. Access to the JDMT is also currently available based on the Open Access Policy.
These years we were trying our best to tailor our journal to fit the requirement of those databased.
Here are some of these efforts:
- Volumes and issues: We are in volume 5 and a total of 17 issues have been published,
- Internationality: we have at least one paper per issue from foreign countries and it seems that our journal is being read by many readers worldwide.
- Timely manner: with no doubt, almost all issues are published ahead of the scheduled time.
- Electronic Publishing: from the first issue, all the articles are available at: http://jdmt.mums.ac.ir/
- Indexing: All the papers have been indexed and received their appropriate citations in international databases including Google Scholar, DOAJ, ISC, EBSCO and Index Copernicus as well as national indexing systems in SID, Magiran and Iranmedex. Regarding the publications ethics we are a member of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) science 2014.
- Articles in press: We have activated this part of journal and all accepted manuscript will be published ahead of scheduled time.
- Free English Editing: With the help of our expert scientific English editors, now we offer a free English editing for all the accepted articles. Good to know that all English editors have DDS, Ms. Degree in Dentistry.
What we expect from our authors: We prefer to publish more well designed original articles, especially RCT’s (Randomized Controlled Trials). Systematic reviews and Meta-analysis are also welcome. Due to a large number of case report submission, we have restricted their acceptance and publication.
We ask our authors to put their published papers in JDMT in their CVs, and academic social networks (ResearcherID, ResearchGate, Linkedin,ORCID, etc). So our articles will be more visible to our readers.
We hope to tell more good news soon in future.
Alireza Sarraf Shirazi, DDS, MSc, Editor-in-chief
Hossein Bagheri, DDS, Ph.D, Managing Editor
Journal of Dental Material and Techniques